I just recently discovered Beauty.com and the (super easy) power of buying beauty products with PayPal, so I’ve been doing a lot of shopping through this website and mini-“hauls” such as this one over the last few months. I don’t really consider this a haul … just a few new products, and I’m going to review each one of these products separately in a post of their own, but I did want to write about the free Daryl K. sample bag that Beauty.com is currently sending out with any order over $100.
I just can’t get over how awesome the free sample bags are from this website … they are way better as far as value goes than most of the other “free samples with purchase” gifts I have received after ordering from other beauty retailers, both in-store and online.
This is the second sample bag I have received with a Beauty.com order and both of them included an awesomely oversized makeup bag jam-packed with amazing deluxe-sized samples from some of my favorite beauty brands (hardly any single-use packets here). I’m not crazy about the Daryl K. design on this particular makeup bag (above), but it’s such a great size that I will totally put it to use either for storage or for travel. The actual samples contained in the bag are also awesome and I would definitely consider the majority of them to be more travel-size than sample-size.
I’m just going to provide an overview here of the products I bought + the products in the free sample bag and then I’m going to do individual reviews of my full-sized purchases in posts of their own 🙂
I’ve been meaning to get this cute little bronzer from Stila since I first saw it in the stores a few weeks ago and I’m so glad I finally got it. The colors are great and buildable — I can wear this as light or as dark as I want it, plus the hint of peachy shimmer gives it a little more of a unique identity than your average bronzing powder. Plus, at only $14, it’s SUPER cheap … especially by Stila and “prestige beauty” standards.
Stila Sweet Treat Bronzing Powder ($14 for 0.35 oz.; beauty.com) is a trio of matte and shimmery bronzers, plus a pop of peach, to “deliver a luminous, kissed-by-the-sun glow.” The nine little bronzer “tiles” are formed together to look like a cute chocolate bar. This is the perfect beauty gift for Valentine’s Day, but I hope Stila decides to keep it around all year round because the colors work so well together, especially for my skin. I really like this product a lot better than I thought I would.
I’ve also been meaning to get this new lip balm/tint from Too Faced since it recently came out, so I decided to get it in the pretty coral color, “Coral Pop,” with my Beauty.com mini “haul.” I do have to say — this product takes some getting used to. It stings a lot when you apply it, the sign that it’s “working” (plumping your lips and whatnot), but my problem is that my super dry winter lips are pretty chapped, so this stuff mustttt be applied over a Chapstick or similar lip balm to cut down on the extra sting. I only tried this out once since I got it, and my lips have healed significantly since then, so I’m definitely going to try it out again tomorrow.
Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb ($21 for 0.1 oz.; beauty.com) is described as an “ultra-conditioning balm” that combines Too Faced’s best-selling Lip Injection plumping and blood vessel dilating technology with a satin color stain. This lip balm comes in six shades and it is formulated with Vitamins A, C and E, as well as mango butter for extra moisture and a “softer, smoother, plumper pout.”
Another new product on the beauty market that I had been meaning to try is the amazing new Naked lipgloss from Urban Decay. This gloss is awesome — it is extra glossy, but not sticky at all, and the color payoff and staying power is great, especially for just a lipgloss. My favorite part about the new UD gloss is that it has beneficial moisturizing ingredients and it feels super smooth.
Urban Decay Naked Lipgloss ($20 for 0.13 oz.; beauty.com) is described as a “luxe gloss and a rich balm in one” formulated with good-for-your-skin ingredients like Hyaluronic Filling Spheres, vitamin E, avocado oil and shea butter to hydrate and condition lips, along with Rosehip seed oil that provides “an extra hit of vitamins, including vitamin A and vitamin C.”
And the last new product on the beauty market in my mini-haul that I’ve been meaning to try are these foil finish eyeshadows from Stila. I haven’t really used them to their full potential yet (just tried them out quickly so far), but I plan on doing a full review on them this week. I decided to buy two colors, the foil shadow version of Stila’s best-selling “Kitten,” as well as “Metallic Lavender,” so that I can mix them together, instead of just using one color alone or blended with powder shadows (which I intend to do either way).
Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow ($32 for set of foil shadow, liquid primer and mixing tray; beauty.com) is described as a “cream-to-powder shadow with a multidimensional metallic finish.” This shadow can be built up for a variety of effects, ranging from a “light wash of shimmer to an opaque metallic finish.” It comes with a mini Stay All Day Liquid Eye Primer and a cute little mixing tray.
This next product is also fairly new — Dr. Brandt’s CC Glow CC Cream. I have had severe dry skin this winter and I wanted to get a new cream that would provide moisture benefits while giving off a dewy-type glow, and this is definitely the perfect CC Cream for that. I absolutely love this product and it looks great alone, for light makeup days, and it also works great as a CC Cream primer underneath my foundation.
Dr. Brandt CC Glow With Signature Ruby Crystal ($39 for 1 oz.; beauty.com) is described as an “all-in-one color correcting and perfecting cream formulated with Ruby Crystal Complex and stabilized Vitamin C.” This CC Cream has eight anti-aging benefits: it illuminates, primes, brightens, hydrates, smoothes, evens skin tone, rejuvenates and provides SPF 30 protection for a “natural, flawless and youthful glow.”
I absolutely fell in love with the Malin + Goetz Detox Face Mask that came in the January Pop Sugar Must Have box, and I wanted to try more products from this brand, so I figured this Essential Kit was the perfect place to start. I can’t get over how well the Malin + Goetz products work, and the brand is quickly climbing to the top of the list of my favorite skincare brands.
The Malin + Goetz Essential Kit ($30 for six different 1-oz. products; beauty.com) includes:
- Grapefruit Face Cleanser: A foaming gel cleanser for all skin types that “synthesizes natural grapefruit extracts with nourishing amino acids to gently and thoroughly cleanse, purify, hydrate and balance all skin types.”
- Bergamot Body Wash: A foaming cleansing gel that synthesizes natural bergamot with amino acid-based cleansing agents to “gently and effectively” purify and balance all skin types, unlike traditionally harsh detergents. This body wash is “blended to hydrate, rinsing free of residue without irritation, drying or stripping.”
- Peppermint Shampoo: A hydrating shampoo that synthesizes natural peppermint extract with amino acid-based cleansing agents to “effectively purify and balance” all hair types. This mildly foaming, residue-free shampoo formula is “blended for frequent use without drying, stripping, irritation or build-up.”
- Cilantro Hair Conditioner: A gentle, daily conditioner that “scientifically synthesizes natural cilantro with absorbent fatty acids and fatty alcohols” to effectively hydrate and balance all hair and scalp types.
- Vitamin E Face Moisturizer: An oil-free, residue-free moisturizer that “scientifically synthesizes natural vitamins E and B5 with absorbent fatty acids and fatty alcohols.” This moisturizer “gently and effectively hydrates and balances all skin types, unlike traditionally greasy pore-clogging oils, for an intensely nourishing treatment,” while reducing epidermal irritation.
- B5 Body Moisturizer: An oil-free, residue-free body moisturizer that “scientifically synthesizes natural vitamin B5 and soothing bergamot extract with absorbent fatty acids and fatty alcohols.” This body moisturizer “effectively hydrates all skin types” and reduces epidermal irritation.
And now for the sample bag! When I first received a sample bag with my Beauty.com purchase (back in November, I think) I was SHOCKED at how much stuff was in there. So many great products/products I have been meaning to try/products I never heard of in REAL sample sizes. I’m a firm believer that if I’m going to “sample” a product, then there better be enough product in the package for at least more than one use.
I absolutely hate those single-use sample packets, so I was happy to see that Beauty.com sent out yet another awesome sample bag with this most recent purchase, packed with 11(!) sample products. I consider these sizes to be more “travel-sized” than sample-sized, especially the creams and lotions, and even hair products(!), that I can take with me wherever I go. I was also happy to see products with good-for-you ingredients and also some of my favorite brands.
I didn’t take the greatest photos of the actual samples, but I just wanted to give a general idea of what was in the bag. The Beauty.com Daryl K. Sample Bag included:
- Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Cream (reg. $55 for 1.7 oz.; beauty.com): An anti-aging, SPF 25 moisturizer that helps improve skin firmness, boosts moisture levels and helps to safeguard skin from aging UV damage, good for all skin types.
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (reg. $79 for 1 oz.; beauty.com): A satiny serum that has been scientifically proven to reduce dark spots in just 4 weeks. This serum corrects existing dark spots, prevents their appearance and boosts the complexion’s radiance for “redensified, moisturized and beautifully radiant” skin. It contains pure Viniferine from grapevine stalks, that has an “exceptional action on radiance, dark spots and wrinkles.”
- Bare Minerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener (reg. $22 for 0.18 oz.; beauty.com): An eye-brightening wand that immediately brightens the under eye area and diffuses dark shadows while reducing the appearance of fine lines and dark circles over time.
- Urban Decay B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray (reg. $33 for 4 oz.; beauty.com): A prep spray infused with vitamin B6, which absorbs oil, minimizes pores and reduces redness. This spray can be spritzed on any time of day (without messing up your makeup) to hydrate and soften skin with vitamins and antioxidants, or it can be used in the morning to prep and “wake up” skin.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara (reg. $23 for 0.31 oz.; beauty.com): An “amped-up, ultra-black mascara that lengthens, curls and magnifies lashes for an intensified look, proven to increase lash volume by 752% instantly.” This formula is infused with vitamins and emphasizes length and volume, while “conditioning lashes for a dramatic look that won’t dry out, flake or budge.”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel (reg. $22 for 0.28 oz.; beauty.com): A clear gel “fortified with botanical hair conditioners and essential oils to keep unruly brows in place all day without flaking.” This gel sets and tames “unruly brows” without leaving them stiff, flaky or sticky.
- Go Smile Double Action Teeth Whitening System (reg. $89 for six-day supply; beauty.com): A teeth whitening system that “combines two powerful, patent-pending formulas” to “penetrate teeth and effectively lift stains, even from beneath the surface.” This system works “quickly and effectively to make a visible difference in your smile, and with virtually no sensitivity or irritation to teeth and gums.” Safe to use on all dental work.
- Phyto Phytolisse Ultra-Glossing Finishing Serum (reg. $30 for 1.7 oz.; beauty.com): A hair serum specially designed “prevent hair from frizzing and instantly restores a smooth, shiny appearance.” This serum is formulated with botanical ingredients that protect hair without weighing it down for silkier, smoother and shinier hair.
- H2O+ Targeted Care Hand and Nail Cream (reg. $16 for 6 oz.; ulta.com [I couldn’t find this to purchase on its own at Beauty.com, they just offer it in sets/kits]): A lightweight, non-greasy hand and nail cream that “restores moisture to hardworking hands.” This cream is formulated with silk proteins and vitamin E to nourish nails and cuticles, while moisture-rich marine botanicals “provide deep hydration for visibly smooth skin.”
- NUXE Nirvanesque Light (reg. $53 for 1.5 oz.; beauty.com): A cream formulated with Peony and Blue Lotus, designed to “instantly and visibly smooth away wrinkles and fine lines.” The new Light formula contains Rice Powder and Enanthia Chlorantha to mattify skin. This cream leaves skin “de-stressed” with a radiant complexion.
- Jurlique Herbal Recovery Antioxidant Gel Mask (reg. $48 at ulta.com; also couldn’t find this specific item on Beauty.com, although it looks like they sell all of the other Jurlique products): A “hydrating and revitalizing high-performance gel mask infused with antioxidant beads that release Vitamin E to help address the first signs of aging and protect the skin against environmental aggressors.” This gel mask nourishes skin and leaves it feeling hydrated and looking radiant.